This week's lucky "winner"... Kirkland Signature Cashew Clusters!!
WHS reader Brad Dieter mentioned these on Facebook the other day:
Nutrition tip of the day. Do not buy Cashew Clusters from Costco. You will eat an entire bag in one fell swoop. Sweet, salty, crunchy, and calorie dense, the perfect storm in Stephan Guyenet's model of overeating. I have n=1 data as proof.
n=1 quickly turned into n=6 as other people chimed in, including myself. I can attest to the fact that Cashew Clusters are like crack. Here's more evidence from their Amazon reviews:
"Addiction with less guilt!" These things are SO freaking good!!!... I'm eating some right now and I am having trouble keeping my hand out of the bag long enough to write this review!
"Delicious". I gave this as a gift to my girl friend... She loved it ! Heard there wasn't much sugar either. Seems the nuts were crispy and the clusters were very addicting, in a nice way. It lasted only for 6 days. [SG- each bag contains 4,800 calories]
"Buy these and you will be hooked for life!" One word "NUMMY!"... Very addicting.
Cashew Clusters are only about 11 percent sugar by calories, with the other 89 percent of calories coming from whole nuts and seeds. They're probably a healthy snack if you can eat them in moderation. Can you?