I'm happy to announce that we're releasing a free e-book titled Why do We Gain Fat, and How do We Lose it? An Introduction to the Science of Body Fat, by Dan Pardi and myself. This is a slimmed-down version of the longer, fully referenced e-book we offer as part of the Ideal Weight Program. In it, we provide a succinct overview of the science of body fat gain and loss, and the evidence base for our program. It also contains a schematic that ties together the various concepts in visual form. You can download it from the Dan’s Plan site by following this link to our program overview page.
Ideal Weight Program 2.0 Upgrades
Over the last year, Dan and I have been working hard to improve the Ideal Weight Program, both in response to user feedback and our own ideas for development. Here are some of the new features we offer in 2014:
- Four-week meal plans and shopping lists for the FLASH diet and the Simple Food Diet, as requested by Ideal Weight Program users. This is in addition to the recipes and cooking guides we already provide.
- The Protein Unit system. Research suggests there's an optimal amount of protein for appetite control and fat loss, depending on your height, weight, gender, and physical activity level. Our fat loss diets are high in protein, but how do you know you're getting the right amount? We've created a calculator that does it for you automatically, and explains how to apply your personalized Protein Unit value easily and intuitively using real food.
- Diet plates. These are visual guides to following our diets, based loosely on the intuitive USDA MyPlate design.
- Cheat sheets. Put these on your fridge to remind yourself of your diet and lifestyle guidelines, and daily protein unit goal.
- Updated guidance. We've refined a few things in the diet guidance documents.
At a time of year when many people want to shed excess holiday pounds and start down a leaner, healthier path, we offer the Ideal Weight Program 2.0. The program comes with a 30-day no-questions-asked refund policy so you can try it without risk. We think you'll love this program, but if it doesn't work for you, we're happy to refund your purchase price.
Financial disclosure: I receive a portion of the revenue from the sale of the Ideal Weight Program. I do not receive revenue from the sale of other products associated with Dan's Plan or the Ideal Weight Program (such as the Fitbit, cooking tools, and other programs).